Confined Spaces Awareness
This course in confined space training aims to provide a foundation in awareness, safety planning, and control for confined space workers, supervisors, contractors, safety committees and employers.
Each employee who requires training must have their own training package, which includes:
- Confined Spaces Training Course
- Confined Spaces Practice Quizzes
- Confined Spaces Final Test
- Confined Spaces Certificate Course of Completion
Learners need a minimum of 80% on the final test to pass successfully and will have unlimited attempts to pass.
Confined spaces are dangerous and are present in many workplaces including construction sites, municipalities, hospitals, factories and others. Employees should understand the regulations and safe work practices for working in and around confined spaces. This course in confined space training aims to provide a foundation in awareness, safety planning, and control for confined space workers, supervisors, contractors, safety committees and employers. This training is often required for employees entering and working within a confined space, or those assisting with the entry, but not actually entering themselves.
This course will take approximately one hour to complete.
- Introduction to Confined Spaces
- Confined Space Hazards
- Hazard Controls Safety Measures
- Confined Space Rescue
- Confined Space Program
- Additional Resources
After completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the criteria of a confined space
- Understand how to evaluate your workplace for confined spaces
- Identify and understand permit and non-permit required confined spaces
- Understand the hazards associated with confined spaces
- Have an awareness understanding of the types of controls/safety measures necessary for confined spaces
- Understand the roles associated with confined space entry
- Have an awareness understanding of emergency rescue
Who Should Take It?
Firefighters and gas technicians who perform emergency work in a confined space should take this awareness course, as well as anyone who carries out hazard assessments related to confined spaces, someone who develops or implements a written safety plan for confined spaces, if you are a trainer for confined space, or working in or near a confined space is a part of your workplace duties.
Benefit of Online Training
Online Training with Safety First is fast and effective, some benefits include;
- Available 24/7
- Can be completed from home
- No need to remove employees from work to complete mandatory training
- Employers can be sure every leaner has received the same quality of training
- Save on traveling cost
- No minimum number of participants needed to complete the course
Google Chrome is recommended.