- Modules 1,2 & 3
- Complete a final Assessment of Hazard and Risk Management and receive a minimum score of 80% on the quiz in order to successfully pass the course.
Every workplace contains various hazards that can be hard to detect and classify. Workers are able to eliminate and prevent accidents by being able to identify them as soon as they are noticed. It is crucial for an occupational health and safety program to precisely assess and control hazards.
This course is intended to provide employers, joint health and safety committee members, and management with the knowledge of hazard and risk management in order to improve the safety culture in the workplace. Methods of preventing accidents, hazards assessment, identification and control will be taught in this course. There are three modules in this course:
- General Knowledge
- Risk Assessment
- Hierarchy of Controls
It is important to note that this course is not intended to provide intensive risk assessment methods, but rather provide risk assessment knowledge for basic understanding. Each workplace must still provide site specific training to all employees, where applicable.
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Members
- Management & Supervisors
- General Staff
Completion of the course will provide participants with the knowledge of:
- Be able to identify and handle workplace hazards required by law
- Define the terms: workplace hazard, health hazard, safety hazard, adverse health effect and risk
- Identify and explain the steps involved in the workplace risk assessment process
- Understand “the hierarchy of control” as it applies to workplace hazards
- Define and differentiate between engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE
- Recognize the importance of risk assessment monitoring and review
- List the required written documentation pertaining to the risk assessment process
This course is designed to be completed within 45 minutes; however, participants are able to complete the course within any time length they desire.
Benefits of Online Training with Safety First Consulting:
- Support available 24/7
- Can be completed at home, work or anywhere with internet accessibility.
- Certificate received upon completion of every course.
Registration: Registration for this course can be completed online at https://safetyfirstconsulting.ca/workplace-health-and-safety-training-programs/ or by contacting our online registration service at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 905-669-6920
Google Chrome is recommended.
Each participant enrolled in the online training will need to successfully complete the following: