WHMIS 2015 online training course includes the new Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling for chemicals (GHS) enacted in 2015. It also covers content from the previous WHMIS system (WHMIS 1988).
Each employee who requires training must have their own Training Package, which includes;
- WHMIS Training Course
- WHMIS Quiz
- WHMIS Certificate (wallet & wall-mount)
Learners need a minimum of 80% on the quiz to pass successfully you will have unlimited attempts to pass.
WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems) helps identify the hazards of products and groups them by similar properties or hazards into classes. The Hazardous Products Regulations specifies the criteria used to place the products within each classification, which are then made by the manufacturer or supplier for products used in Canada.
WHMIS is Canada’s hazard communication standard for providing health and safety information on hazardous products intended for use, handling, or storage in Canadian workplaces. WHMIS 2015 eLearning from Safety First meets the Ministry of Ontario standard for general training.
Each workplace must still provide site-specific training to all employees, where applicable.
Course Duration: Length of voice over plus 30 mins, however, this can vary due to the course being self-based learning with no maximum time requirements.
- Introduction of WHMIS 2015
- Workplace Responsibilities
- Hazard Classification
- WHMIS Labels
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Protecting Yourself
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define what WHMIS 2015 means and how it applies to you at work
- Determine the legislated WHMIS 2015 roles and responsibilities for employers, supervisors, and workers
- Describe WHMIS Groups, Classes, and Categories
- Identify WHMIS pictograms
- Understand and apply the information on WHMIS labels and safety data sheets (SDSs)
- Ensure how you can protect yourself from hazardous products and chemicals at work
- Ensure what to do in an emergency involving hazardous products and chemicals
Who Should Take It?
All workers including employers, supervisors, and employees in Canada.
The Benefit of Online Training
Online Training with Safety First is fast and effective, some benefits include:
- Available 24/7
- Can be completed from home
- No need to remove employees from work to complete mandatory training
- Employers can be sure every learner has received the same quality of training
- Save on traveling cost
- No minimum number of participants needed to complete the course