Traffic Control Person (TCP)
Learn to protect workers and the general public by regulating the traffic at worksites to keep it safe for workers, motorists, and pedestrians.
Each employee who requires training must have their own Training Package, which includes;
- Traffic Control Person (TCP) Training Course
- Traffic Control Person Quiz
- Traffic Control Person Certificate (wallet & wall-mount)
Learners need a minimum of 80% on the quiz to pass successfully you will have three attempts to pass.
As a Traffic Control Person, you have an important job. You regulate the traffic at worksites to keep it safe for workers, motorists, and pedestrians. The main role is to protect workers and the general public by regulating temporary traffic conditions as close as possible to normal driving conditions during construction, maintenance, landscaping, emergency, and all other occupations who may conduct activities on or along the road.
This course will give you the educational learning requirements to be a successful TCP, your employer should also provide you with hands-on learning to ensure you are aware of any hazards that are site-specific. This course complies with the Ontario Traffic Manual – Book 7 – Temporary Conditions.
Course Duration; Length of voice over plus 30 mins, however, this can vary due to the course being self-based learning with no maximum time requirements.
- Introduction to Traffic Control Person
- Where to Stand
- Signaling and Directing Traffic
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
Determine the techniques, personal protective equipment, and legal requirements for traffic control persons
Protect yourself, the construction crew and the motoring public by regulating traffic flow
Stop traffic whenever required by the progress of work – otherwise to keep traffic moving at reduced speeds to avoid tie-ups and delays
- Allow construction to proceed safely and efficiently
- Ensure that public traffic has priority over construction equipment
Who Should Take It?
Employees who are controlling traffic.
Most Canadian jurisdictions require that a person have the training, complete a certificate, or be considered competent.
The Benefit of Online Training
Online Training with Safety First is fast and effective, some benefits include;
- Available 24/7
- Can be completed from home
- No need to remove employees from work to complete mandatory training
- Employers can be sure every learner has received the same quality of training
- Save on traveling cost
- No minimum number of participants needed to complete the course