- Modules 1,2 & 3
- Complete a final Assessment of Lockout/Tagout and receive a minimum score of 80% on the quiz in order to successfully pass the course.
In Canada an average of two accidents occur each day due to the failure of locking out equipment properly. Lockout and tagging provide control for workers when it comes to the release of hazardous energy. Workers use a padlock that ensures a switch is kept “off”, while keeping the energy confined. Sudden movement, electric shock, chemical combustion can all be prevented when using Lockout Tagout.
This course is intended to provide employers, joint health and safety committee members, and management increase their knowledge in Lockout/Tagout to ensure hazardous energy is controlled in the workplace. Understanding the meaning of Lockout/Tagout, when to lockout, different energy sources in the workplace, and implementing lockout will be taught in this course. There are four modules in this course:
- Injury Prevention
- Shutdown and Isolation
- The Procedure
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Members
- Management & Supervisors
- General Staff
Completion of the course will provide participants with the knowledge of:
- Explain what a lockout device is
- When Lockout-Tagout should be used in the workplace
- Know how to prevent injury
- List the steps involved in equipment shutdown and isolation
This course is designed to be completed within 60 minutes; however, participants are able to complete the course within any time length they desire.
Benefits of Online Training with Safety First Consulting:
- Support available 24/7
- Can be completed at home, work or anywhere with internet accessibility.
- Certificate received upon completion of every course.
Registration for this course can be completed online at https://safetyfirstconsulting.ca/workplace-health-and-safety-training-programs/ or by contacting our online registration service at email@example.com or calling 905-669-6920
Google Chrome is recommended.
Each participant enrolled in the online training will need to successfully complete the following: