Health Safety Awareness for Workers
Gain a better understanding of your rights and duties as a worker and learn how to identify hazards in the workplace.
Within this course, you will watch videos that include the text of what is spoken. Included is:
- HSA Worker Quiz
- HSA Final Exam
- HSA Worker Certificate
Learners need a minimum of 80% on the quiz to pass successfully you will have unlimited attempts to pass.
This is the Ontario Mandatory Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training that the Ministry of Labour states all Ontario Workers must take. Upon completion of this course, you will have a better understanding of your rights and duties as a worker, how to identify hazards in the workplace and the duties of your supervisor and employer.
Each workplace must still provide site-specific training to all employees, where applicable.
Course Duration: Length of voice over plus 30 mins, however, this can vary due to the course being self-based learning with no maximum time requirements.
- Get on Board
- Get in the Know
- Get Involved
- Get more Help
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the common workplace hazards and how to control them
- Describe the requirement for information and instruction on hazardous products and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Understand that occupational illness may occur immediately or delayed.
- Know and describe the duties and rights you have as a worker.
- Describe the duties of employers and supervisors.
- Define the roles of health and safety representatives and joint health and safety committees
Who Should Take It?
All workers including employers, supervisors, and employees in Ontario.
The Benefit of Online Training
Online Training with Safety First is fast and effective, some benefits include:
- Available 24/7
- Can be completed from home
- No need to remove employees from work to complete mandatory training
- Employers can be sure every learner has received the same quality of training
- Save on traveling cost
- No minimum number of participants needed to complete the course